The 2019 Haslemere Arts Festival is a fantastic family-friendly experience, embracing music, dance, children's entertainment and so much more. Held as the odd-year companion t the Haslemere Fring Festival, it runs from Saturday 4 May to Sunday 9 June, with both weekday and weekend events. For 2019 you will find:
- Evening concerts (classical, jazz, dance, folk, opera)
- Weekend and family events (Dog Show, Gruffalo, Classic Cars, Cycling, Triathlon)
- Weekday Talks (with focus on anniversaries and local affairs)
We've picked out some of our favourites:
- London Chamber Music Group - Susan Milan, Sebastian Comberti, Ishani Bhoola, and Yuko Inoue play Ludwig van Beethoven, Serenade op. 25 in D major; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Quartet in D KV 285; and Ernő Dohnányi, Serenade for String Trio op.10.
- Mixed Triple Bill - the Royal Ballet - works by Christopher Wheeldon, Crystal Pite, and a debut for a new piece by the acclaimed Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui show the contemporary face of the The Royal Ballet.
- RSPCA Fun Dog Show - Oorganised by the Alton, Haslemere and Petersfield RSPCA branch, this an opportunity to bring your dog to have fun at the show and the chance to win a rosette or two. A non-serious, fun show open to all dogs and their owners.
- The Gruffalo and the Go-Away Bird - Best-selling author Julia Donaldson acts out her stories and sings her songs with the help of three actors (including guitar-playing husband Malcolm) and the audience.
For the latest events list and information, visit haslemerefestival.org.uk.
Download the Festival Programme